When installing Laravel homestead today on macOS 10.12, and lost some hours trying to find a fix. Finally, after several reinstallations, reboots, and trial and error, I somehow got it to work by following these steps:
- Completely uninstall and reinstall Vagrant, VirtualBox, and Homestead.
- Ensure the homestead-7 box is shut down within the VirtualBox UI
- Right-click the homestead-7 box, and choose Settings
- Click 'Network' Under 'Adapter 1', which should be attached to NAT, click 'Advanced'
Tick the box beside 'Cable Connected'
Save settings, and reprovision Homestead with vagrant up --provision
- Run vagrant reload --provision to reprovision the machine
That should be it! I was able to SSH in after this.
If you cant view sites through the browser (even though you configured the /etc/hosts file), a simple reboot of the Mac can fix it.
Given I don't know what exactly caused this in the first place, this might just be a bit of luck for your case.